banner image

Pressure Cooker Enchilada Pasta by: Amanda

I can’t say this enough about this recipe. It truly is one of our family’s favorites. I have posted a lot about it, because it’s real. The fame of this dish in my house is outstanding.
 
From enchilada pasta being a one-pot meal (which mama loves) to not one complaint about it in my family (mama also loves) to my kids wanting to devour seconds and still take it in their lunches the very next day. Must I sell this to you anymore? 
 
Mind blown for a house with picky eaters. Do you have a recipe like this that your family just absolutely adores? Please share it right now below in the comments. I cannot wait. 
 
So when I decided to make this recipe in my pressure cooker, I seriously thought to myself “are you for real” this is insane. It’s fast enough, really how much of a difference can it make. Ha ha ha, well here is where I really impressed myself, or maybe just really surprised and even more impressed with my Instant Pot.

 
It was literally browning the meat (as you would do on the stove), dumping all ingredients in the pan (as you would do on the stove) and then this is where it gets crazy, press High Pressure 4 minutes. This recipe is 12-15 minutes on the stovetop. And because there is not a whole lot of liquid, the pot does not take much time to come to pressure. Choose your favorite enchilada sauce and if your family is sensitive to spicy foods, choose a mild sauce. My favorite is Trader Joe’s, it has a bite to it, but it is way good. Stir in some sour cream to cool it down if it is too spicy. 


 
I know you are saying, really you just saved a few minutes, big whoop. But if any of you really know me, I am known for “keyboard” shortcuts at the office. I have had two different co-workers (who did not work together) laugh at me for it, joking about saving .05 seconds, but you know what, they came to use my shortcuts! Why? Because that is the kind of world we live in – move as fast as we can. And the time struggle is real people!
 
We sometimes have to move as fast as we can during packed weeknights with three kids, and this is why my love of the Instant Pot grew like no love before it (Shh don’t tell my family).
 
Don’t forget to sign up for the amazing new Facebook group Modern Pressure Cooking Recipes. Where we share recipes, stories, dish out helpful tips and where you can get your questions answered! Head on over to check it out. Oh and on occasion I will be sharing some super great content before it is even released to the public!
 
Want More on Pressure cooking? Check out these Articles Why I Ditched My Slow Cooker and my Instant Pot Review.
Pressure Cooker Enchilada Pasta
Pressure Cooker Enchilada Pasta
I can't say this enough about this recipe. It truly is one of our family's favorites. I have posted a lot about it, because it's real. The fame of this dish in my house is outstanding
    ServingsPrep Time
    4 people5 minutes
    Cook Time
    4 minutes
    Instructions
    1. Brown meat with taco seasoning.
    2. Add broth, pasta and enchilada sauce.
    3. Place the lid on the pressure cooker, switch the valve to seal and set on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
    4. Quick pressure release (move the valve to venting as soon as the cook time is done). Stir in the sour cream.
    5. Layer the cheese on top with black olives. Any any other garnishes your family likes.
    6. Serve with a pantry salad. (Greens, cucumber, tomatoes and homemade vinaigrette dressing). Vinaigrette Dressing 3 Parts Oil (olive, canola, walnut, grape, flavored oil) 1 Part Acid (wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, Orange Muscat vinegar) Salt and Pepper Honey or maple syrup (the real stuff) or brown sugar Options: herbs (oregano, dill, basil, thyme, tarragon), Dijon mustard, shallots) Shake it up in a jar and toss with the salad.
    Pressure Cooker Enchilada Pasta by: Amanda Pressure Cooker Enchilada Pasta by: Amanda Reviewed by Unknown on julio 07, 2017 Rating: 5

    No hay comentarios:

    Con la tecnología de Blogger.